How to juice lemon without juicer – Lemons are a common ingredient in many recipes, from savoury dishes to sweet desserts. They add a bright, tart flavour to a variety of dishes and are also a good source of vitamin C.
While a juicer is a convenient tool for extracting juice from lemons, it’s not necessary to have one in order to enjoy the benefits of lemon juice.
Here’s how to juice a lemon without a juicer:
- Roll the lemon on a cutting board to soften it. This helps to loosen the juice inside and make it easier to extract.
- Cut the lemon in half. You can do this by slicing off the top and bottom of the lemon, then slicing it in half lengthwise.
- Squeeze the lemon halves with your hand. You can do this by using your thumb and fingers to press on the lemon halves, squeezing the juice out. You can also use a utensil, such as a fork or a spoon, to press on the lemon and extract the juice.
- Strain the lemon juice to remove any seeds or pulp. You can do this by using a strainer or cheesecloth placed over a bowl or measuring cup. Simply pour the juice through the strainer to catch any seeds or bits of pulp.
- Use lemon juice as desired. You can use the juice in a recipe, such as a salad dressing or marinade, or you can dilute it with water and drink it as a refreshing beverage. You can also freeze the juice in an ice cube tray to use later in recipes or drinks.
Juicing a lemon without a juicer is a simple process that doesn’t require any special equipment. All you need is a lemon, a cutting board, and a utensil to extract the juice.
Whether you’re looking to add a burst of flavour to a recipe or simply enjoy the health benefits of lemon juice, this method is a quick and easy way to get the job done.