How to make banana nut muffins – Are you craving a warm, delicious muffin packed with the flavors of bananas and nuts? Look no further because this recipe will guide you through the process of making the perfect banana nut muffins.
Whether you are an experienced baker or a beginner, these muffins are easy to make and are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
How to make banana nut muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (such as pecans or walnuts)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the mashed bananas, milk, and vanilla extract to the large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Stir in the chopped nuts.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious and perfectly baked banana nut muffins!
Tips and Variations:
- If you prefer a sweeter muffin, you can increase the amount of sugar to 1 cup.
- For a healthier option, you can substitute whole wheat flour for all or part of the all-purpose flour. You can also use a sugar alternative, such as honey or maple syrup.
- Add some chocolate chips or dried cranberries for a fun twist on the traditional banana nut muffin.
- For a crunchy topping, mix together some oats, sugar, and melted butter and sprinkle it over the muffins before baking.
- If you have ripe bananas that are too mushy to eat, peel them and freeze them in a plastic bag. They can be thawed and used in this recipe whenever you have a craving for banana nut muffins.
We hope you enjoy these easy and delicious banana nut muffins. Happy baking!